Friday, November 02, 2007

Typing in a LOOKUP Field 2 (additional functionality)

So, I just attended the local MSCRM 4.0 Readiness event and I actually got a lot of good info out of it. We got an idea on pricing (though it is subject to change), walked through new features, architecture, install, upgrade, etc.

One of the things that I actually posted on (Typing in a LOOKUP Field) and I had to show you what I found out. In the post I show how you can type in the lookup field and it will automatically find the record with the name that you type, assuming that the record exists, is not duplicated in the database, and you spell it right. What I found out though, is if you type part of the name and your text goes red (meaning either nothing was found or duplicates were found) you can then click on the icon next to the name and it will show you suggested records for what you typed.



Here's a picture of what I mean:





I only typed the letter "d" and when I clicked on the ! icon it shows me all the possible records that could match what I'm looking for. Also note that it is searching in both Contacts and Accounts.

A really nice feature that I didn't know about until yesterday that I thought you all might like to see.

David Fronk
Dynamic Methods Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment